People have been using cannabis for health applications for thousands of years already, and it’s finally starting to get attention here in the United States. CBD has received glowing reviews from scientific communities, and governments are starting to accept it as a safe natural supplement.
One of the top reasons people use CBD is to supplement the health of their skin, and it’s becoming a popular supplement for everything from lotion to bath bombs. Learn more about the benefits of CBD oil for skin to decide if it’s time to include hemp in your beauty and skincare routine.
Benefits of CBD Oil for Skin
Once most people try topical CBD products for their skin, they never turn back. Natural cannabidiol from hemp can add power to your normal skincare products, offering benefits like the following:
- CBD for Wrinkles and Aging – People use topical CBD oil for their skin because of hemp’s antioxidant properties. As a result, these types of products may help reduce the visible signs of aging caused by free-radical damage. Rub CBD oil into the skin to address wrinkles, complexion, and skin tone problems. This is a great addition to the things you already do to care for your skin.
- CBD for Acne – Acne is one of the most common skin conditions on the planet, and it can be caused by either genetic or environmental factors. For the most part, acne either results from inflammation or excessive production of an oily secretion called sebum. People use CBD to address both of those root causes, so it’s becoming an increasingly popular option for people who want to reduce acne naturally.
- CBD for Sensitive Skin – People with all kinds of different skin conditions and ailments turn to cannabidiol when they want relief. There are reports of its soothing properties for conditions like sensitivity, rashes, eczema, bacterial infections, dermatitis, irritation, redness, itching, sunburn, and more. Try a healing hemp salve to see what CBD oil can do for your skin.
- CBD for Soft Skin – Many people report that their skin feels smoother and softer than ever after using products like CBD bath bombs and lotion. The normal effects of these types of products may become even more powerful because of the way added hemp supplements penetrate the skin and engage with the body’s natural endocannabinoid system.
- CBD for Muscle and Joint Pain – Since cannabidiol penetrates the skin and gets into the tissue underneath, people with arthritis or muscle spasms like to rely on it. Even if you don’t have a muscle or joint condition that causes chronic pain, it may be helpful for the recovery period after an intense workout.
How to Use Topical CBD for Skin
The best way to use CBD oil for skin will vary slightly depending on the specific product you have. For example, you can simply apply a topical CBD patch to let the cannabinoids get into your system throughout the day. Alternatively, you may want to relax into a warm soak with a CBD bath bomb.
If you’re using a lotion, roll-on product, or healing salve, you can massage it into the area where you want results. Wash and dry your skin wherever you’re experiencing irritation, rashes, or pain. Then rub a generous amount of CBD oil directly into your skin until it gets absorbed. You can repeat the application to add layers as necessary.
CBD Isolate vs. Full-Spectrum CBD Oil for Skin
CBD isolate, as the name implies, is cannabidiol that has been isolated from the other cannabinoids and organic compounds that come from hemp. Full-spectrum CBD, on the other hand, comes along with cannabinoids like flavonoids, fatty acids, and other organic compounds.
Some people like to use CBD isolate because they only want that one supplement, but most believe that full-spectrum CBD is the way to go.
Full-spectrum options may produce something that’s commonly called the entourage effect. In other words, people may get more benefits from CBD by using the whole plant, because all of the cannabinoids can work together to maximize the effect of cannabidiol and interact more efficiently with the endocannabinoid system.
There are proponents of both the isolated approach and the full-plant approach, so don’t be afraid to try both and see what works for you.
Where Does CBD Come From?
CBD is short for cannabidiol, which is one of the many natural organic compounds found in cannabis. The two most common cannabinoids are CBD and THC.
THC is responsible for the psychoactive effects in cannabis that makes people feel high, while CBD is non-psychoactive and does not make people feel intoxicated. To get cannabidiol without the THC, reliable online CBD stores use hemp instead of marijuana.
Hemp and marijuana are two different terms used to describe various strains of cannabis plants. Cannabis strains with 0.3% THC or less are called hemp, and strains with higher THC content are called marijuana.
Here at Laughing Lion Herbs, our CBD comes from hemp, which helps us make sure that our products are safe and legal for people who do not want to get high from marijuana.
How Exactly Does CBD Work?
Cannabidiol works as a supplement to your body’s natural endocannabinoid system. The endocannabinoid system is responsible for helping to regulate a wide variety of different functions throughout the body.
It interacts with other components of the human body which have effects on things like sleep, inflammation, mood, appetite, pain, and more. Topical CBD is designed to work only on the area where it is applied.
In other words, topical CBD oil for is for the skin, plus the joints, muscle, and other tissue directly underneath. When you rub these products onto an area of your body where you want relief, the cannabidiol is stored in the skin.
People do this to get the benefits of CBD in one specific area instead of general effects throughout their entire body.
Is CBD Legal? Can CBD Get You High?
On a federal level in the United States, hemp is legal and marijuana is not. In other words, hemp-derived CBD is legal as long as it comes from a plant with less than 0.3% THC.
Hemp CBD products without THC do not have any intoxicating effects, so people can use these without fear of getting high. It’s also legal, and will not make you fail a drug test.
Types of Topical CBD Products
There are many ways to use CBD oil for skin, and these are just a few of the most popular. You can find all of the following and more in our Laughing Lion online CBD store:
- CBD Bath Bombs
- CBD Roll-On Freeze
- CBD Living Soap
- CBD Living Lotion
- Hemp Healing Salve
- CBD Topical Patches
Where to Buy CBD Oil for Skin Online
We at Laughing Lion Herbs offer a wide variety of different CBD for sale online, including topical products for the skin. Our cannabidiol comes from natural hemp to keep it safe and legal, and we can ship it directly to your door.
We test our full spectrum CBD, so our customers can count on us for consistent doses and reliable effects. Contact us today if you have any more questions.
Image Credit: Shutterstock/Boszyy Artist