By this point, you can enjoy CBD in all kinds of different forms. There are CBD edibles, drinks, oils, and so much more. Of all the different products on the market, CBD topicals are some of our favorites. People have reported using them when they have all sorts of ailments like joint and muscle discomfort, acne, or other skin conditions. By learning more about the effects of cannabidiol, you’ll be able to understand what makes the best CBD topicals so great.
Effects of CBD Topicals
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a natural compound found in hemp. It’s not psychoactive or intoxicating, does not lead to failed drug tests, and is legal throughout the entire United States. People normally buy CBD products for therapeutic purposes because it’s a natural way to work with your body. The human body already has an endocannabinoid system that interacts with numerous functions including the following:
- Central Nervous System – This critical part of the human body includes the brain and spinal cord. The central nervous system processes information perceived through senses all over your body. It’s also responsible for thoughts and memory.
- Gastrointestinal System – A well-regulated gastrointestinal system should be chemically balanced and free from inflammation. Gastrointestinal distress commonly manifests as stomach discomfort.
- Hormones – Most people associate hormones with their teenage years, but these natural molecules help regulate body, mind, and behavior throughout our entire lives. They play a significant role in appetite, reproductive function, and stress responses.
- Bones – Your endocannabinoid system also interacts with bones. Healthy bodies will experience better regulation of bone mass and bone regrowth, especially in the event of an injury.
- Immune System – Simply put, a strong immune system helps prevent us from becoming ill. One of the critical functions of an immune system is to manage inflammation, for which many people say they purchase CBD. There are also CB1 and CB2 receptors in the immune system’s lymphoid tissue.
- Metabolism – CBD interacts with CB1 and CB2 receptors in the brain, and some people say this may have an effect on metabolism. Ongoing studies have tested the abilities of CBD to promote weight loss in rats, but human studies are still untested. People with chronic stomach discomfort or nausea have also turned to CBD in efforts to enjoy food more.
- Muscles – Exercise enthusiasts often say they like to buy CBD online when they have minor aches, discomfort, and muscle spasms. The endocannabinoid receptor may also help regulate blood sugar levels, which are important for stamina as well as the feeling of a “runners high.”
- Skin – People often buy CBD for skin conditions like sunburn, wrinkles, acne, and sensitive skin. Those who love CBD bath bombs say that their skin feels especially soft and smooth after a relaxing soak.
- Hair – Some people use CBD oil as part of their hair care routine. CBD concentrates often contain fatty acids, terpenes (natural oils), and vitamins from the hemp plant in addition to cannabidiol. Shower and bath products like CBD bath bombs offer a great opportunity to address your entire body from head to toe.
Most people who like topical CBD are looking for targeted relief for their skin, muscles, and joints– just put the topical on your body wherever you want some relief. The best CBD topicals are formulated to penetrate the skin and make contact with the body’s endocannabinoid system. It’s important not to fall for low-quality alternatives that will run right off the skin and end up in the drain or on your clothes.
Types of CBD
CBD topicals are a great way to enjoy the effects of cannabidiol, but it’s also nice to know about all of the other options. Here are just a few of the most popular types of CBD products:
The thing that makes CBD topicals so special, even compared to other forms of cannabidiol, is that you can put them directly where you want the effects. Swallowing CBD gummies or other edibles is great for a full-body approach, but what about when you just want to address your sore knee? Topical applications are popular among people with situations like the following:
- Arthritis patients with aching joints
- Athletes with sore muscles
- People with back, shoulder, or neck discomfort
- Adults with acne or oily skin
CBD bath bombs deliver the effects of CBD and a pleasant experience at the same time. Drop one into a tub full of warm water, then lay back to enjoy the sensation and the smell.
When they’re made with premium ingredients, CBD bath bombs will deliver cannabidiol all over your body. Choose a fragrance, put on some mellow music, then prepare to get all the way relaxed during a nice long soak.
Best CBD Topical Brands
One of the unfortunate things about the cannabidiol industry is that some brands try to take advantage of its loose regulations. That makes it hard for people to know which products are reliable and which aren’t.
Here at Laughing Lion Herbs, we’re always working hard to determine which CBD brands are the best. There are two of the top CBD brands that we’ve really grown to trust.
CBD Living first entered the hemp industry by testing other companies’ products in labs. Once they realized how many people were making inconsistent products, they decided to make their own and do it the right way.
They offer a variety of different products including topical CBD Bath bombs. They’re one of the most trusted brands in the industry.
Viridian Heights is a veteran-owned company producing full-spectrum CBD products in Colorado. Here at Laughing Lion Herbs, we work with them to supply their full-spectrum CBD oil.
This hemp oil can be consumed orally, but we’ve also heard of a lot of people who use it as a topical. Simply rub a few drops into your hair or skin, wherever you want to experience the effects of CBD. Massage it in thoroughly to help it penetrate the skin and reach the tissue below.
What Makes a Topical the Best CBD Topical?
Now that you know all about cannabidiol and CBD topicals, you’re ready to identify which product is best for you. There are a lot of options on the market, and it seems like new companies are popping up every day. Some are definitely better than others, so make sure you’re purchasing premium CBD topicals that are made by a reliable brand and sold by a trusted vendor.
That way, you’ll be able to rest assured that you’re getting genuine top-shelf products. When you buy the best CBD online, you’ll be able to rest assured that you’re getting natural ingredients, consistent amounts of cannabidiol, and the best customer service available.
Where to Buy the Best CBD Topicals Online
Here at Laughing Lion Herbs, we’re extremely proud of our selection of cannabidiol products. Our CBD bath bombs offer an excellent introduction to the effects of CBD, and we can’t recommend them highly enough. Choose from great flavors like Amber Bergmont, Coconut Lime, Lavender, or Eucalyptus. Shop our full inventory of CBD products today, or contact us if you have any questions.
Image Credit: Shutterstock By Roxana Gonzalez