From athletes to the elderly, all kinds of people seem to appreciate CBD. Some athletes have been especially vocal about their support for cannabidiol. What is it about these natural products that have established such a following? There are many different reasons athletes buy CBD, and we’ll dive into a few of them. Before that, it’s important to understand what CBD is and how it works.
What is CBD?
CBD is short for cannabidiol, and it’s a natural organic compound found in hemp. It was first identified as a cannabinoid in 1940 and has been getting a lot of attention in recent years. There’s a good chance you’ve heard of a friend or family member using CBD for any of a myriad of reasons, which makes sense because cannabidiol can interact with so many different parts of the body.
How Does CBD Work?
CBD binds with cannabinoid receptors in the body. You have an endocannabinoid system that runs all over your body and plays a part in different bodily functions. The endocannabinoid system extends to all of the following body parts and more:
- Vascular System
- Immune System
- Reproductive Organs
Is CBD Legal in the United States?
Simply put, yes, CBD is legal. The 2018 Farm Bill made CBD legal throughout all of the United States. You can buy it and enjoy it anywhere in the country as long as it comes from hemp and does not contain more than 0.3% THC. It’s not psychoactive or intoxicating, and won’t lead to failed drug tests.
Are Athletes Allowed to Use Products that Contain CBD?
Since drug tests aren’t looking for CBD and it’s legal throughout the country, some pro athletes openly use CBD. We haven’t heard of any level of athletics that has banned CBD. If you want to be perfectly sure, you can check the rules for any league in which you participate.
Why Are Athletes Using CBD?
There are many different reasons athletes use CBD, but the big thing that unites them all is that the idea of a plant-based product appeals to them. To truly understand just how many athletes are using CBD for various reasons, just check out some of these examples on a list published by Cannabis Radar:
- Nate Diaz – One of the most successful UFC fighters in the world, Nate says he buys CBD oil because of all the injuries that come along with his job. In addition to the way he finds CBD helpful for bodily discomfort during the healing process, Nate has stated that he feels CBD helps him deal with inflammation.
- Jake Plummer – After some major surgeries, Jake was having regular and severe problems with his joints and cartilage. Many professional football players turn to prescription painkillers in situations like that, but Jake was interested in something more natural. He even co-founded Athletes for Care, which is focused on providing alternative treatment options for athletes.
- Jay Williams – Professional basketball player Jay Williams has said that he notices numerous benefits after using CBD oil on his skin. He’s not just using it as part of his skin routine, though, and Jay has said he also noticed that CBD helps him address discomfort from both inflammation and anxiety.
- David Wells – After his successful baseball career with several major league teams, David admitted that he had a sever Percocet addiction. He was on the pain pill as much as 80% of the time and had become worried about what that kind of consumption would mean for his life. He gradually switched over to CBD, and has been quoted as saying, “I’m living proof that CBD works.”
Those are just a few of the athletes that have been very outspoken about how much they have enjoyed the impact of CBD on their lives. There are many other athletes at all levels that incorporate cannabidiol into their daily routines. One of the most common reasons we see people purchase it is when they’ve been dealing with body discomfort, or are recovering from especially strenuous workouts. Since people have turned to CBD for so many different applications, it’s a good thing there are so many different types of CBD products on the market.
Types of CBD Products for Use by Athletes
Depending on the reason you want to buy CBD, your lifestyle, and other preferences, you can determine which type of cannabidiol appeals to you most. These products offer so many different formats that just about everyone can find something they enjoy a great deal.
Consider just a few of the most common products athletes are likely to ask us about:
- Full Spectrum CBD Hemp Oil – Full spectrum oil is a popular choice because it’s made using many different components of the hemp plant. As opposed to CBD isolate, full spectrum CBD also includes terpenes, additional cannabinoids, and amino acids among other things. This product is also one of the most flexible since people can ingest it or apply it directly to their skin.
- CBD Gummies – Gummies are one of people’s favorite ways to enjoy CBD. Adults enjoy the gummy taste, and these CBD gummy bears come in both traditional and sour. Each bear contains a carefully measured amount of cannabidiol, so you’ll always know exactly how much you’re getting.
- CBD Chocolate – If you want CBD edibles but gummies aren’t your thing, you might be more interested in CBD chocolate. These products are also among the best CBD edibles on the market because chocolate has such a mass appeal. Expect CBD chocolate to come in a bar that can be broken into squares with consistent amounts of CBD.
- CBD Living Water – It’s becoming apparent that many athletes love cannabidiol, and it just so happens that athletes also normally drink a lot of water. You can get both hydrated and have your daily intake CBD at once with this product when you choose CBD-infused water.
- CBD Bath Bombs – CBD topicals are popular among athletes who like to use it when they’re trying to relax their muscles and joints after a tough workout. Cannabidiol bath bombs are a great solution for those athletes because few things are as relaxing as soaking in a nice warm bath when you’re feeling a little bit on the sore side.
The CBD industry isn’t especially well regulated yet, which allows some companies to get away with selling substandard products. For athletes who count on reliable cannabidiol to be a part of their daily routines, it’s important to buy CBD from a company that sells high-quality products. Always do your research and make sure you’re buying your products from a trustworthy brand with high standards for purity and testing.
Get Athlete Quality CBD Online at Laughing Lion Herbs Today
Laughing Lion Herbs takes pride in selling some of the very best CBD products on the market. We only sell products we believe in, so every one of our offerings is made with thorough testing that confirms CBD content. We also don’t sell products with dangerous additives. Contact us to learn more, or visit our online CBD store today.
Image Credit: By sirtravelalot