Ever since kratom started to become more popular in the United States, the plant has been politicized and the conversation surrounding it has gotten polarized. There is a lot of information coming from the media, from online sources, and even from government agencies like the FDA. Like with any other polarizing issue, some of the information is accurate and some of it is wildly dishonest. Talking openly about the effects of kratom powder can help us get to the truth.
Why Is Talking About Kratom Important?
It’s important for people to share their experiences with kratom honestly. People become interested in kratom for a wide variety of reasons, and it’s important for them to know the truth about this plant before they buy kratom online. If the kratom community can have an open conversation, it will be easier for interested people to have informed opinions. Furthermore, it’s important for individuals to discuss kratom openly because there are some restrictions on companies.
Why Talking Openly About Kratom Can Be Difficult
One thing that makes talking about kratom difficult is that companies are limited in terms of what they can say. Even if a company’s customers have reported many different ways kratom has enhanced their lives, the company may not be able to share that information. The reason for this is that the FDA doesn’t want companies marketing their products with unsubstantiated claims, which is extremely valid. The downside is that the FDA has largely worked to prevent scientific studies on kratom in the United States, so there isn’t very much official research to point to. That makes it even more important for individuals to share their stories openly.
How Can You Talk About Kratom?
The American Kratom Association (AKA) is one of the most important groups for kratom activism. They’re working hard to keep kratom legal, ensure that customers have access to the plant, and educate people about kratom. They have referred to their group and their supporters as the Kratom Truth Squad, and one of their missions is to reply to misinformation about kratom. As part of this effort, the AKA released six simple guidelines to help people reply to social media posts from the FDA, its commissioner, or other anti-kratom sources:
- Call attention to posts that are misinformed or even trying to deceive people on purpose.
- Explain that millions of Americans have enjoyed pure, natural kratom, and describe the results of those experiences.
- Share personal stories about how kratom has played a role in your own life, but do not make any medical claims when sharing your story.
- If the FDA uses inaccurate or intentionally deceptive data in their attempts to get kratom outlawed, call them out and tell them it’s time, to tell the truth.
- Use common hashtags to help bring more attention to what you post. Some kratom-related hashtags to keep in mind include #FollowTheScience, #WeAreKratom, #KeepKratomLegal, and #TeamKratom
- Make your response more personal and authentic by using your own words and your own opinions.
Get Informed About Kratom at Laughing Lion Herbs Today!
Since there is so much misinformation about kratom, some companies try to take advantage of the confusion and get people to buy kratom from them, even if the kratom isn’t pure and natural. That makes it important for individuals to do their own research. At Laughing Lion Herbs, we only offer the best kratom products. Before you buy kratom, we ask that you weigh your options and make an informed decision. You’re welcome to reach out to our team if you have any questions whatsoever.